Change is hard. And it’s even harder when you’re working to change a large enterprise with hundreds of thousands of employees, many of them with decades of experiences that may have jaded their perspective and energy. The first step in making a change happen is to get the right people to join your team. Identifying the key B2B eCommerce stakeholders within your organization can help you manage, communicate, and raise excitement and confidence around change across all levels of the organization.
So who are the key stakeholders to get on board with B2B eCommerce?
Here are 6 types of leaders you want on your B2B eCommerce team:
1. The executive team or the C-Suite: Your executive team, the leaders at the highest level of your organization, are responsible for driving growth and long-term success for your organization.
2. IT: The IT or technology team is responsible for aligning technology decisions with larger business objectives.
3. Marketing: Marketing leaders play an increasingly vital role in technology decisions as we see them relying on data to drive decisions around the customer journey and experience.
4. Customer Service Reps: Customer Service Reps offer great insights into customer needs and experience, as well as the order taking process.
5. Sales Reps: The sales reps are responsible for driving revenue for the business, and will likely use technology to enhance their selling experience.
6. Finance: Finance leaders are interested in ways that they can eliminate costs and increase revenues.
Forming the right digital transformation team with effective B2B eCommerce stakeholders will help ensure that your eCommerce initiative is a success. In order to communicate effectively with these leaders, make sure you spend some time preparing a business case specific to the business objectives each leader is charged with driving. Consider things like potential ROI, improved efficiencies, better data and business intelligence on customer behavior, stronger integrations with existing business systems, and scalability over time.