Many businesses moved quickly into the digital world over the past several years and are now finding themselves operating on already outdated, legacy software that leaves them handcuffed in more ways than one. These struggles are forcing today’s leaders to focus on defining a eCommerce replatforming strategy. Companies that are focused on innovation, speed, and scale, should be thinking seriously about the 5 pillars of a modern approach to eCommerce.
Legacy eCommerce Software Leaves You Struggling With:
- Feature requests
- Meeting revenue goals
- Customizations, updates, or upgrades
- Integrations with new technologies
- Big data
A modern eCommerce approach encompasses technology built to respond to your unique needs and a long-term partner that runs your eCommerce so that you can focus on running your business.
5 Pillars of eCommerce for the Modern World
- Flexibility: Future-proof your eCommerce strategy with a platform that allows for scale and growth. Empower your teams to release updates more often and speed up development cycles
- True Automation: A modern integration approach uses integration technologies like web-hooks to allow for speed and variety, making end-to-end automation possible
- Speed: Start taking orders faster than with traditional eCommerce software. Access complex eCommerce functionality instantaneously via the cloud.
- Extensibility: Extend eCommerce and order management capabilities into new channels and lines of business.
- Unification: Manage multiple eCommerce experiences from one single hub. Eliminate siloed experiences while still responding to high-value customers’ needs.
If you find yourself handcuffed by a legacy eCommerce system that is keeping you from evolving as an organization, it’s time for a change. Check out our Guide to Replatforming to help get the conversation started at your company today.